The Holy Monastery of St. George, selected and ARMA is built on a pine-covered area 8 km east of the community leaves, possible homeland of Miaoulis, 20 km. From Halkida.
From the building, it was saved only Catholic, while the other succumbed to the ravages of time and destruction. It is documented the year of foundation of the monastery, although supported in 1141. Inscription fitted on the outer side of the eastern wall bears as founded in the ZRME = 7145 from creation of the world, namely in 1637.
Likely the name of the monastery (APMA), to an audio paraphrase this date (ZRME). But equally likely, this year (1637) was painted to the narthex is a later addition to the nave, square shape, with a dome supported by four columns, which have been taken from an ancient pagan temple, as well as other materials.
The church belongs to the category of registered cross dome and even compound tetrakionon.Sti during the Turkish occupation, the monastery of St. George was the spiritual center of the region. From the bowels of the ethnegertis came the Turkish-Evia, Bishop Evripos and president of the Holy Synod Neophytos Adam.Piso the apse of the sanctuary were interred in holy chalice, wrapped with stole, relics of unknown Saints.
Feasts Days: Saint George (23/4) and disposing of the remains of (3/11).