In the area of Agia Paraskevi and just above the commercial port of Halkida preserved part of the industrial building of Emergency Cooperative Ampeloktimonon Halkida (A.S.A.CH.) which is housed in the old mills Dimitra Halkida.
After buying Arifaga and Ismail E Iriposlou properties listed in the 1840 city plan in Agia Paraskevi in Chalkida and the demolition of the corresponding old buildings, built in milling factory Demeter.
The mill “Demeter” was founded in 1909 under the name Bros Zachos – Church Kallimanis and Sia. Later, the company, with new shareholders renamed “Anonymous Flour Company”, while the same year begins the construction of the barracks at the School of Infantry and the project completes in 1911.
The mill “Demeter” was stone-built to the standards of industrial plants of the era and consisted of two storey wing in the north-to-south and four-storey wing axis east-west, and had several structural similarities with the plant “Arethusa” in Holy Stefano.To milling “Demetra” factory operated until 1930.
All land together with the buildings of the now abandoned factory of Asahi, came into the municipality property Chalkideon THE April 19, 2004, for the amount of 1.670.000 €.
Then the municipality Chalkideon proceeded to the demolition of the newer buildings were constructed of reinforced concrete and the external tank, but keeping the old stone wing (part of the mills).
In March 2009, the Municipality of Halkida entrust the work to restore and enhance the old mill “Demetra” on the former plot of Asahi and its transformation into a “Museum Dimitri Mytaras”.
The mill Ceres is in the Castle district of Halkida and adjacent to the building under renovation of Vail, the church of Agia Paraskevi and the Mosque of Emir Zade composing a story in the old Halkida.
In February of 2015 the works and now remains the creation of the Museum will host the exhibition panels and shells Dimitris Mytaras.
The painter and scholar Dimitri Mytaras was always fond of the beauty of the seabed. The sung to the paintings, the poems he wrote and collecting shells for many years.
The collection includes several thousand shells, almost all the species found in the Greek seas and huge number of species from other parts of the world. Along with Charles Vratits-top in underwater research and ydroviologia- issued the 1997 book “Forty-Greek shells.”
Part of the collection of Dimitri Mytaras has donated to the Municipality of Halkida to be accommodated in the new museum. The new cultural center, with a useful space of 1,000 sq.m. approximately completed in February 2014 and is the fourth building in City waterfront city.
The retained building built of masonry in two phases. The first is in the northeastern part of the building and the second in the southwestern part.
From old photographs of the building, it appears that the faces of the building on the first construction phase, was coated, while the second phase was uncoated with obvious horizontal frames Solid bricks between floors and around the openings.
The two mentioned wings covered by a wooden roof. The floor of the south wing floor is made of reinforced concrete.
The Asahi Building is a stone building with a wall thickness of 0.80 cm.
The ground floor is divided into two parts, while the floor into three sections with intermediate mesochorismata each of them consisting of two floors.
The ground floor with an area of 320,00 sq.m. and follows the floor with the same area.
The floor plan is approximately rectangular with a number of recesses and projections without paratirounai big differences from floor to floor.